The induction cooktop is a popular kitchen appliance in our daily life. It needs to be cleaned and maintained during use, but not everyone knows how to do it. So, let's learn how to clean and maintain an induction cooktop.
How to clean induction cooktop
- Double ensure that the induction cooktop is powered off and that the induction cooktop panel is not preheated before starting the cleaning work.
- Wipe the surface of the induction cooktop with a clean and soft rag or wet wipes, and remove all the food residue and oil stains on the surface of the induction cooktop.
- Prepare some detergents and a brush. If you don't have any detergent, toothpaste will do the trick. Clean the air outlet of the induction cooktop. Since a lot of grease and dust will gather at the air outlet, the first thing is to wipe off the stain on the surface and then use a brush soak with neutral detergent to clean the stubborn stains.
- Clean the corners and gaps of the induction cooktop. Then brush along the corners of the induction cooktop, so you can easily clean up the oil stains and wipe the corners of the induction cooktop with a rag.
How to maintain the induction cooktop
- Use dedicated power cable and power sockets
Due to the high power of the induction cooktop, the power cord and socket must be configured according to the power required. Otherwise, the large current of the induction cooktop will cause the wires and sockets to heat up and short-circuit, resulting in a power outage of the induction cooktop. And try to use the socket alone because the induction cooktop is a high-power electrical appliance, so do not use it with other high-power electrical appliances simultaneously, such as refrigerators, TVs, etc.
- To ensure that the air inlet and air outlet are unobstructed
The sensor of the induction cooktop at work will heat up with the heating of the cookware, so the induction cooktop needs to ensure that there is no object blocking the inlet and exhaust outlet, which can prevent the power failure of the induction cooktop. Please do not place the induction cooktop very close to the heat source; otherwise, it will affect its performance and cause abnormal phenomena that cannot boil water.
- Do not put a ferromagnetic object on the induction cooktop
An induction cooktop is a magnetic object. Do not place ferromagnetic objects such as knives, forks, bottle caps, watches, and other items that are easily affected by magnetic fields on the cooker panel, nor should these items be placed on the induction cooktop that is not energized.
- Pay attention to waterproofing
Most induction cooktop is not waterproof, and damp or water damage may cause short-circuit failure. Therefore, should place the induction cooktop away from moisture and steam, and it is strictly forbidden to rinse with water. Even though there are some waterproof induction cooktops on the market, it is still necessary to avoid water and steam as much as possible to ensure safety and prolong the lifespan of the induction cooktop.
- Don't try to fix the induction cooktop if you are not professional
Due to the internal use of electronic and power systems in the induction cooktop, it is not advisable to dismantle and repair it yourself when it's broken; call a professional to fix it or send it to the near maintenance place.