Who says you need an oven to create a mouthwatering roast chicken that's crispy on the outside and tender on the inside? With the exceptional performance of your GASLAND Chef gas stove, you can achieve culinary excellence right on your stovetop. In this guide, we'll walk you through a simple and delightful recipe for crafting a delicious roast chicken that will leave your taste buds singing.
- 1 whole chicken (about 3-4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Fresh herbs (such as thyme, rosemary, and sage) for garnish
- Optional: Lemon halves, onion quarters, and garlic cloves for stuffing
- Deep, heavy-bottomed skillet with a lid
- Cooking tongs- Meat thermometer
- 1. Preparation:
- Ensure your GASLAND Chef gas stove is clean and in optimal working condition.
- Rinse the chicken thoroughly under cold water and pat it dry with paper towels.
- If desired, stuff the chicken cavity with lemon halves, onion quarters, and garlic cloves. This adds extra flavor and moisture.
- 2. Seasoning:
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried herbs. This will form a flavorful paste.
- Rub the seasoning paste all over the chicken, making sure to coat it evenly. Allow the seasoned chicken to rest for about 20-30 minutes to absorb the flavors.
- 3. Setting up the GASLAND Chef Gas Stove:
- Place a heavy-duty, oven-safe skillet or cast iron pan on the burner of your GASLAND Chef gas stove. The pan should be large enough to comfortably accommodate the chicken.
- Preheat the pan over medium heat for a few minutes until it's hot but not smoking.
- 4. Sear the Chicken:
- Carefully place the seasoned chicken, breast-side down, into the hot skillet. You should hear a sizzling sound as the chicken makes contact with the pan.
- Allow the chicken to sear for about 5-6 minutes, or until the skin turns golden brown and releases easily from the pan. Use tongs to flip the chicken and sear the other side for an additional 5-6 minutes.
- 5. Simmer and Cover:
- With the chicken breast-side up, reduce the heat to low. Cover the skillet with a tight-fitting lid or a piece of aluminum foil.
- Allow the chicken to cook in the covered skillet for about 40-50 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken. Baste the chicken with its own juices every 15 minutes to ensure even cooking and moisture retention.
- 6. Checking Doneness:
- To check if the chicken is cooked through, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh without touching the bone. The internal temperature should read 165°F (74°C).
- 7. Final Touches:
- Once the chicken reaches the desired temperature, remove it from the skillet and transfer it to a cutting board.
- Let the chicken rest for about 10-15 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute.
- 8. Serving:
- Carve the roast chicken into desired portions, garnish with fresh herbs, and serve with your favorite sides.
GASLAND Chef's gas stove has opened up a world of culinary possibilities, allowing you to create mouthwatering roast chicken without the need for a traditional oven. By following this simple recipe and harnessing the precision of your GASLAND Chef appliance, you can impress your family and guests with a beautifully roasted chicken that's tender, juicy, and bursting with flavor. Embrace the art of stovetop roasting and elevate your cooking game to new heights!